Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 1: A character-building experience

We finished our first day on the rickshaw today--chennai to vellore. It proved to be a character-building experience, as we managed to flip the vehicle on its side (me driving), taking out the front window, rear window, front light, and sideview mirror. Happily, neither of us were injured in any way, and I like to think that we are now stronger for having had the experience. We were also duly impressed with the hardiness of the rickshaw, which ran like new once we flipped it back up.

A post-crash postmortem on Youtube:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, it sounds like you drive along the Indian roads as fearlessly as you barrelled down the dirt paths of the Peruvian mountains. You have to speed into the turns.

I can't believe I missed the opportunity to have my logo on the rickshaw. Can I get my initials scratched into its paint if I promise to buy you a burger from the drawer at Sbarro when you're back in the U.S.?

Unknown said...

Chief Safety Officer does not like what I'm seeing here. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.